All of the clothes that I brought for Skylar are at least two sizes too big. The pants literally fall off of him. Skylar is a very small, VERY thin four year old. What a wonderful reason to go shopping! I guess in China, just as at home, Walmart is the cheapest place to shop. We found several outfits for Skylar and a pair of sports shoes. I just loved shopping with him as he is very cooperative when trying on clothes. :) We also bought some DVDs and some things that Faith picked out.
While at Walmart a very friendly Chinese lady came up to me holding a pair of ladies jeans in her hand. She said something to me in Chinese and then proceeded to remove her pants. Standing next to me in her undergarments she continued speaking to me in Chinese while trying on the new jeans. Once she had them on she turned around for my inspection, patting her behind as if to ask "do these make my butt look too big"? I was caught off guard, and didn't know what to do, so I smiled and nodded and giggled. She seemed satisfied with my response, removed them, put her original pants back on and walked away toward the cashier.
Later on Helen took us to a Chinese laundry. My Daddy would have gotten a real kick out of this visit to a REAL Chinese laundry. We went for a walk around the hotel the next morning and saw our laundry hanging outside in front of this Chinese laundry. When they delivered our clothes back to our room, they were clean and pressed to perfection. :)





We well and truely understand the difficulites that ya'll have had with Skyler - rest assured that you WILL turn the corner - when is a difficult question - and if I had an answer I'd share it! BUT - while we sorry that all of ya'll (Skyler included) must suffer through this - it is a GREAT THING for him to be going through now rather than later! It's a really positive thing for you - try to think of it as a good thing - and as an example of him 'trusting you' enough to show you how he's really feeling!
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep ya'll in our hearts and prayers - peace will come - feel free to borrow my old mantra "fake it til you make it" - I've said that one a thousand times at least!
hugs - prayers - and we really are happy for you guys -
aus and co.