Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back Blogging - Catching up on Posts (September 5th and 6th - Gaungzhou)

September 5th, 2010 - Guangzhou
This morning we had our group picture with all of the adoptive families in our group. We dressed Skylar and Faith in the beautiful Chinese silk clothing we bought while at the silk market in Beijing. We are so happy to have a picture of all the families that were in our group. As usual, Skylar would not allow me to hold him. So, you can see Daddy, and Skylar standing behind Faith and I.


There was a group trip planned to the botanical gardens after the group photo. Unfortunately, we were not able to go due to Skylar's vomiting and DH and I having severe gastrointestinal distress. We also missed the group dinner in the evening. I think it might have done us good to get out and visit with the other families, but it just wasn't do-able.

September 6th, 2010 - Shamian Island
Thankfully, the diarrhea and vomiting have dissuaded. So, today we went back to Shamian Island for our son's TB test results. Faith and Skylar had fun posing for pictures on the bus. They took turns wearing Daddy's glasses.





After our visit to the Adoption Clinic Miko (our guide in Guangzhou) took us to Liwan Plaza for some excellent shopping. Miko did a FABULOUS job of taking us to just the right stores for pearls (unbelievable quality and price) and also helped navigate us to the right stores for clothing and shoes for Skylar. (Everything I brought for him from the states is two sizes too big.)

I have to say I just love shopping with Skylar. :)  He is very receptive to trying on clothes, and shoes, and is so thrilled to have new stuff! Miko was also very kind and patient with us during this process, even when Skylar vomited in the shoe store!

After a fun day of shopping we went back to our room, exhausted, but satisfied with our purchases. Faith and Skylar had some bonding time playing "Starfall" on the computer, and hanging out together as sister and brother.
"Okay, Skylar let me show you how to log on."

"Look, this is how you play."

"Here, Skylar, let me do this for you."

I don't think Skylar got much out of Starfall, but they had a good time hanging out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment