Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bei Ling Park, Shenyang City

In between appointments we visited Bei Ling Park. It is a huge park in Shenyang. I just wish we'd had more time to see the mausoleums and all of the sights at the park. 

Faith and Skylar did have the chance to run and play. We stopped at a little vendor and Faith picked out a cute toy. Skylar was given the choice of food or a toy, and of course, he chose food.

He did seem a little better today, except for when he tried to relieve himself at the entrance to the police station.

3 comments:

  1. Morning Sheri - the pics say that Skylar is doing better - there's a different 'look' on his face - just in case you didn't notice! As for the 'relieving of himself' ;) - if I recall correctly that's 1) not a big deal in China and 2) perhaps he has a little "latent hippie" in him? Well - at least I see the humor in it!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri,
    I had written on my calendar when you were going to be in China and just remembered tonight to check out your blog. I am so glad that you finally have him. I will be praying for his transition. It is extremely common for the kids to react like this and only want the husband. Don't fear, and don't give up!! He will come around in his own time. Sounds like he really loved his foster family, the only family he's known.
    He's adorable!! Hoping one day he and Joshua can be friends again!!
    Prayers coming from this momma for you!!
    Blessings,
    Lesli Cryer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad things are going better. I promise he will be a mommas boy soon enough. Your family is just beautiful and we can't wait to meet Skylar for the first time. BE safe and enjoy your time there. Call me when you get back to the states and once your life is a little more calmer we can get together!! Hugs to you all!!

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete