Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wishes and Prayers



This evening on my way home from my ER shift I experienced something quite astounding! Something I don't want to forget. I was on a VERY high overpass on the freeway (maybe 3 stories tall) when I saw a sudden flash *. Being that high on an overpass really limits the the sources of luminance. From that elevation it certainly can't be objects thrown from other cars. In addition, I was the only car on the elevated overpass.

The luminance came from the left side of the sky, was traveling to the right, and was SUDDENLY bright about 10 feet in front and 10 feet above my car. When it finally dawned on me that it was a very low falling shooting star, I WAS AMAZED! I've seen many shooting stars before, but never this close. It was brilliant! :)  It was obviously falling, and becoming smaller, and then POOF, it was gone. I immediately had the sense that this sighting was a blessing from above, and a hint of blessings to come.

When I arrived home and told my DH about my wonderful sighting, we went out on our pool deck to view the night sky. We were talking about wishing on stars, the blessings in our lives, the beautiful weather, the clear sky. Then over his shoulder I saw another smaller shooting star, very far away in the night sky!  When Rick asked me what I had wished for, I suddenly remembered you're not supposed to tell or it won't come true . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sheri - you don't have to tell - we can know! You guys got your travel plans worked out yet?

    hugs - looking forward to following your journey -

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete