Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beijing Zoo

We got up very early again today. This was a big day as we went to the Beijing Zoo, and then flew on to Shenyang. We are so blessed and thankful that Helen will be with us all the way to Shenyang. Being with her is such a blessing. :)  

The Beijing Zoo was a real cultural experience on many levels. We crossed paths with many Chinese families with their children, and most were very friendly and said hello/ni hao and smiled at Faith and I. It was a wonderful experience, a shared nonverbal understanding of the love families have for their children. Then, there were a few older Chinese that stared/glared/scowled at us. I think I really enjoyed this the most as when I encountered them I smiled broadly to share my soul's happiness in being Faith's mother. (Even though she is Vietnamese everyone thinks she's Chinese.) 

After the zoo we dashed off to the airport to fly to Shenyang. Again, the travel prayers were with us and all went well. Once we checked into our hotel and went to our room I noticed a hospital just outside our window. Knowing that Skylar's finding place was just outside a hospital clinic I asked Helen to interpret the Chinese characters on the roof top. This is the same hospital where  our son was found. There are many, many hotels in Shenyang. I think it is miraculous that we are staying in the hotel right next door to where he was found three years ago. 

We will be in the lobby at 10 am to meet Helen to go to the Community Affairs office to meet our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment