After having a great time riding the cable car, and touring the Great Wall, Helen took us to eat lunch at The Schoolhouse Restaurant. This establishment is about a 1/2 mile from the Great Wall. This was a terrific place owned and run by American expatriates. We had a fabulous view of the Great Wall from our upper level patio seating. Skylar and Faith were provided with coloring paper and crayons. The cups and knives and forks for the children were plastic and very brightly colored. This was a great, child friendly restaurant. (Oh, and the bathroom was beautiful. I know the guys might not care, but I know the women will appreciate this.)
DH and I ordered cheese burgers and french fries and Faith and Skylar had noodles. This was the best cheeseburger and french fries I have had in years. This was a huge, gourmet hamburger, and the condiments were freshly made. The lunch and the company were wonderful. The weather was cool and pleasant. I could have lingered here for hours and hours. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(71)
-
▼
October
(9)
- Just to See You Smile!
- Gifts from Shenyang SWI - Skylar's Orphanage
- Okay, Who Did This?!?
- Fun in the Sun Room
- Welcome Home Family! - ...
- September 12th, Still Back Blogging - Wow, This is...
- September 11th, 2010 - A Great Event - I Am An Ame...
- More September 10th - Dinner at Helen's
- September 10th - Lunch at The Schoolhouse Restaurant
-
▼
October
(9)





That restaurant is noted for future reference! While I won't say we are returning to China for another adoption - I will say one day we will return to China for a Homeland visit!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.