Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Monday, May 24, 2010

RFE - Chapter 3 --- I-797 Notice of Action - Rejection Notice

Today, in the mail, all of our RFE documents were returned with a "Rejection Notice" because we did not send them with a check for $340.00. Okay, I read the Supplement 3 directions. I talked with our home study agency. I spoke with our USCIS officer. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FEE. I care that I didn't read it in the instructions for the Supplement 3, that our home study agency did not know about it, and did not instruct me to send it. (That's what we pay agency fees for, right?) Lastly, and most of all, that last week on May 19th when I spoke to our USCIS officer and implored him to tell me of anything else he might anticipate that our I-800 approval might need, he said nothing.

So, I called USCIS, and our USCIS officer again today. I had a 30 minute tearful conversation with our USCIS officer, pleading that he tell me what documents they need, anything else they will demand. We are more than willing to be compliant with their demands. Our son was found at six months old. He's spent 18 months in an orphanage, and almost two years in foster care. It's time for him to have his Forever Family.

Please excuse the tone of this post. Mommy instincts at work.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sheri, I am so sorry. That is just awful. I will be praying that they receive the check quickly, and process your I797 quickly.
    We will send off our I800a tomorrow, it really makes me nervous to read this kind of setbacks.

    Your family is beautiful, and I can't wait to see your son in your arms.

    Sheri W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking for you! You are in my prayers as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri - ya'll just 'tone right on' - the frustration is just over the top sometimes! AAARRRGGGHHH - makes you just want to drive some where and smack some sense into a clerk someplace!

    Prayers that they wake up and get it done -

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri,
    I can so feel your pain and know the frustration you are feeling. So many questions and no answers! I pray for the documents to be processed fast so that you can hold your son in your arms.

    ReplyDelete