Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shenyang SWI Photos Found

While perusing through photos on my Shenyang SWI adoption chat group I found some more of Skylar!! I am always SO THRILLED when I find more pics of my boy. There are four years of his life that I don't have many photos of. I know there's bound to be more, as families regularly visited the orphanage while Skylar was there.

After discovering these photos I sent a general e-mail to the group asking if they had more photos. I didn't receive a response from the family I was looking for, but I did get a response from Jenny in Sweden. She was kind enough to e-mail me the photos that she had taken. Here they are!




Skylar is in a yellow sweater and is the second child from the right, next to the boy in the red sweater. Look at his sad little face. This expression makes my heart break. When I showed these photos to Skylar he asked; "why didn't you come get me when I was a baby, like my sister Faith?" The real answer to this is long, complicated, and more than a five year old can or should understand. So, I told him we came as soon as we could. That it took us a little while to find him. But, that what matters now is that we have each other, and we will be family forever. Then we shared big hugs and "wo ai ni's". 

No comments:

Post a Comment