Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Back Blogging from May 2011 - My Mother's Day Blessings

May was such a busy month, so many celebrations, so many places to go, to many things to do, that time just got away from me. I am still trying to catch up on blogging. . . 

This Mother's Day was a special one for me. This was my first Mother's Day with Skylar, and my first as the mother of two children. Prayers of thanks for my beautiful children, Faith and Skylar. By the grace of GOD.

For many years I feared I would never be a mother. There were times when this fear took over my heart and brought me great sadness. Many times I had to remind myself that this fear was not from the LORD but another darker place. That's when I began to pray more often. I prayed for years, and years, and years.

Then after years of infertility, a failed attempt at adoption with one agency, finding another adoption agency, lengthening wait times, and changing adoption countries, my blessing came! After years of waiting I had resigned myself to wait, I was good at waiting. For our referral to actually come filled me with shock, excitement, trepidation, relief, and gratitude for answered prayers. 

On a rainy morning in April 2007 Jason and David with LNI called to say our referral had come! It was a girl, she was six months old and in Vietnam. Our hearts filled with joy! We had named our daughter Faith years before we ever knew we would actually have a daughter.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:1

Then, in Vietnam, in May 2007, on our 15th wedding anniversary, they placed this baby girl in my arms. She looked up at me and smiled!!!! Being this beautiful child's mother has been one of the greatest joys in of my life. 

After arriving home with this beautiful baby I immediately wanted to begin the process again. For anyone who has navigated international adoption you know this is no easy feat. Then in addition to the process itself, and being required to wait one year before bringing another child home, in September 2008, hurricane Ike filled our home with 3 feet of tidal surge flooding. There were times when I told myself that with all of this maybe we should just be happy with our beautiful Faith and not pursue another child.

However, HE had other plans. GOD pointed us to Small World Adoptions, and that is where we found Skylar. His picture was on a list of China's Waiting Children. When Faith saw his picture, she pointed at the picture and said; "Momma, that's my brother!" That was enough for me.

So, this Mother's Day I am reveling in the blessing of two beautiful, affectionate, and delightful children. 


My Answered Prayers




 Hand made Mother's Day cards.
My favorite kind. 

 Faith sleeping in Daddy's arms.
She fell asleep before dessert.

Skylar is ALWAYS hungry and would never miss a meal.
And, certainly not dessert!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sheri! I get 'back blogging' - kind of how I read sometimes!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete