Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New air card!

I have lots of reasons for not being up to date on my blog. Besides being busy, busy, busy with two five year olds, I've had many problems with our internet provider. One of the reasons I don't post very often is because it always takes HOURS to download photos.

To add to this disappointment with our internet provider is that in the last 4 days there has not been any reception. No phones, no internet, nothing!

I'm going to name names here - Sprint. We have 3 cell phone and one air card AND NO RECEPTION.

Think about it. . . No 911 for emergencies, also we had friends in town that wanted to drop by, and left because they couldn't contact us. If our elderly family members are ill, no way to know about it!@!@!%!!!???!!!!!  We couldn't even call to report the outage.

Hubby and I went to the Sprint store today and were told that it was still "solar flares". I've had problems for months. Really? Please? Hubby is too nice, so I asked to speak to the manager. She stated that the problem wasn't "solar flares" it was a tower problem. She stated they were "working on it", but it wouldn't be repaired for maybe another week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, guess what I did?! I went directly to the AT&T store and got a new air card. After plugging it into my lap top and letting it download it immediately gave internet access. I was so happy I danced with hubby in the kitchen!

Here's to being able to blog freely and without hinderance. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back!!

    In defense of Sprint (and I work in tech) - there has been a huge solar storm that has played hell with comm's since the end of last week...but...the week prior and into this week that's like 'over'.

    I've found over the years that wireless providers service waxes and wans a lot - it is how it is - but that's also why I still pay for land line service, nothing beats a cat5 cable!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete