Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Correction. . . Splish, Splash Paper

We were displaced from our home a little more than 2-1/2 years ago due to Hurricane Ike. We received three feet of storm surge into our home. After throwing away our damaged belongings, we had to pack up what was left and move out of our home. This was so our remaining belongings wouldn't be damaged or lost while the house was being gutted and repaired.

We were displaced from our home for approximately 11 months. Believe it or not, after being home for more than two years I am still unpacking. I think part of this is trepidation that another hurricane will come and I would just have to pack it all back up.

So, I've decided to unpack everything before hurricane season begins again in June. This way I'll know where everything is, (and to get everything off of the floor and out of the garage). Faith and Skylar thought this was great fun and begged to help. Piece by piece we unwrapped paper from breakables. After this was done there were great mounds of paper on the kitchen floor. Leave it to the imagination of children to make it into a toy.

Skylar and Faith jumped right into the mound of paper as if it were a pile of leaves. Then Skylar swam through it saying this was "splish, splash paper". Faith just had to join him. After the "splish, splash, paper" they made all kinds of pretend paper hats.

Once they had tired of these games they helped me pick up all the paper and put it in a box. When all of the paper was picked up they both jumped into the box. They moved the flaps of the box up and down stating it was "their airplane and they were ready for take off".  :)  After that it became a boat until Faith discovered a toy advertisement and became distracted.





04/17/11 - Please note I corrected the title of this post. I was showing Skylar and Faith this blog post and Skylar said; "Mommy, this isn't paper swimming, this is SPLISH, SPLASH PAPER!" So, I've corrected the title of this blog as per Skylar's request. Don't you just love Skylar's use of the English language?!  :)

What great children and what a great afternoon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great updates! I was going to kid you about living in hurricane prone areas - but then thought about that - here in Cincy all you have to say to us 'older adults' is "April 3rd" and we remember when we lost 60% of our region to an F4 tornado - and we didn't move either - just built it back (but this time with better construction including 'hurricane clips' on our roofs!)

    Welcome home!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete