Great Wall, China

Great Wall, China

Sister and Brother

Sister and Brother

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 2nd, 2012 - Faith's Sixth Forever Family Day, and Enduring Proof of God's Miracles

Six years ago today on May 2nd, 2007 I received a precious gift, my beautiful daughter, Faith. This gift from GOD was the answer to years and years and years of prayer, and proof of miracles on earth. This day was also our 15th wedding anniversary, and the day I finally became a Mother. What a glorious day this was!

It was six years ago today that they laid a precious six month old girl in my arms. However, her one-sie pants were printed with the words; "beautiful baby boy". Just for a moment I feared they had presented me with the wrong child. I pointed this out to our facilitator, Van, and she reminded me that the Vietnamese caretakers did not read English. She thought this was comical. :)  Between the jet lag and excitement I guess I wasn't quite thinking straight.

The moment they laid Faith in my arms she looked up at me and smiled her sweet baby smile. This was an indication of how life with Faith would be. Our time with Faith has been a walk in the park. She has always been a sweet, easy going child. Even on her worst day she is exceptional. She slept all the way through the night on her very first night with us. Being her Mother is a great joy, and is one of the greatest gifts God has given me.

Also a great joy was visiting Vietnam. We had the blessing of staying in country for 18 days. What wonderful people the Vietnamese are. They were kind and helpful and everyone wanted to rub Faith's feet and hands for good luck. They were all so very happy that Faith had been adopted and was coming to the United States. You could see their joy for our child on their faces.

We also had the opportunity and blessing to do some sight seeing while in Vietnam. Is is a beautiful country and being able to see it and visit with its people was the icing on the cake to our trip. I can't wait to go back! Time permitting maybe I'll blog about our entire journey. At that time I did not have a blog. :(  So wish I had one back then to document our journey.

These years with Faith have been the most wonderful of my life. She is a joy. She is pretty, intelligent, witty, funny, silly, affectionate, sharing, and has a great deal of compassion for a child her age. She will go out of her way to make sure she shares with her family and her friends. She also has good judgment and a sense of fairness that is unusual for a child her age.

I am blessed.

The moment I became a Mother for the first time!

Our very first family picture!

In the van on they way back to the hotel. 

Dreams for my angel.

The Opera House in Hanoi with Faith and Daddy.

Hoan Kiem Lake, my favorite, with Faith and Daddy.

I miss the echoing horns.

The Red Bridge viewed through old trees on Hoan Kiem Lake.

Van, our Vietnamese facilitator, and Faith.


Sleeping on the airplane on the way home. JAL flight attendants are the BEST!
American Airlines flight attendants were the WORST.

Meeting Nana for the first time.  :)

Faith's grandfather snapped this pic upon arriving home.
Even tired she is a sweet angel!

The blessed journey with Faith continues. . .

2 comments:

  1. Great retro - and great joy!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri:
    We just saw your blog entry of today. It is really heart warming and ole papa even got teary eyed. What memories.
    We will call tomorrow, the day you are celebrating Skylar's Birthday. We hope you all will be having a good time celebrating his sixth. Love papa and nana.

    ReplyDelete