Congrats! Read your message on GAARP. I was 50 years old when my daughter was placed in my arms (she was 2 years old). Have a wonderful trip to your son's country!
Skylar says he "loves me more than candy is sweet, more than the stars can twinkle, more than oceans can run to the shore".
How I love my little boy. :)
Faith Says. . . 09/23/2012
Faith and I have been talking about inner and outer beauty. Tonight she told me that I am "cute inside and outside, too".
She also said she "loves me more than Disneyworld." :)
That's my girl.
Skylar Talk
I just told Skylar; "I love you".
Skylar's reply was; "I love you more than the stars can twinkle, more than candy can be sweet, more than the sweet sunshine". "I love you mucher than the sunrise." (I'm quoting verbatim.)
My Skylar is an amazing little person. I'm weeping tears of joy. :)
09/10/12
Skylar Talk
Sometimes Skylar does not listen. So, Skylar and I were talking about behavior, listening, and following instruction. I told him eventually he would have an internal voice that would help him with right and wrong.
Skylar's reply to this was; "Mommy I don't have a turtle voice, and it's too hard to be a good boy."
In Skylar's five year old, concrete thinking mind he heard me say "turtle voice". Not exactly what I meant, but he was listening! :)
April 2012
Faith's Knock-Knock Joke
We were in the car on the way to school when Faith came up with her new knock-knock joke. . .
Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Apple pumpkin pie.
Apple pumpkin pie who?
Apple pumpkin pie and a boo, boo, boo!
I know it doesn't make any sense, but it was so silly and spontaneous that Faith, Skylar and I just giggled and giggled.
What a wonderful way to start our day.
March, 2011
Skylar's Question
Skylar and I were having a conversation. You know, Mommy and son solving the world's problems. When Skylar asked; "Mommy, as I grow big will you grow little?" I tried to explain to him that as he grows bigger, and older that Mommy and Daddy will not get small, but just older. (We may get shorter, but I think that would have just confused the issue.)
Then he said the most beautiful thing. Skylar said; "Don't worry Mommy, I'll take care of you if you get too old."
What a precious, sweet soul my wonderful son has. I am such a blessed Mommy. :)
November 2011
Before I Forget. . . A Faith Saying from a Couple of Years Ago
I think of this from time to time and it always makes me smile and warms my heart. . .
A couple of years ago we were celebrating Faith's 2nd birthday. She was about to open presents when her Nana asked her; "what's the magic word?"
Without hesitation and with great enthusiasm she replied;
"Mommy!"
:)
Faith Sayings. . .
Today, Faith was playing "Mommy Doctor" with her baby doll. She took her temperature, blood pressure, and listened to her heart. After listening to the baby doll's heart she said; "Her heart sounds like love." Then she listened to Mommy's heart and said; "Mommy's heart sounds like love, too!"
My eyes filled with tears of joy at these beautiful sentiments from this beautiful child of God.
June 2011
Faith Says. . .
Mommy is pretty like a rainbow, and Daddy is cool. :)
April, 2011
Skylar Talk
Skylar came up to me this morning and asked; "Mama, are you going to work?" I responded; "Yes, baby I have to go to work today."
He immediately replied; "Okay, Mama, don't bonk your head." Then he gave me a big kiss.
Ummm, I thought for a minute . . . Maybe this is his Chinese equivalent for "have a nice day". I just had to giggle.
How funny and cute. :)
3/3/11
Shenyang, China
Love recognizes no barriers.
It jumps hurdles, leaps fences,
penetrates walls
to arrive at its destination full of hope.
~ Maya Angelou
The Call
Every call has a beginning.
A quiet moment when GOD whispers a promise
to a mother’s heart.
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns, casting its first light on a chosen threshold.
A gentle knock, a closed door opens.
A sacred invitation sent by GOD, leads to the other side of the world.
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows, praying for someone to care.
And then one morning, on an ordinary day,
an orphan’s life changes.
GOD sends them a second chance, through you. . .
--author unknown
March 2010
Looking at a book we sent.
December 22nd, 2009
November '09
Calling Forever Mommy & Daddy?
November '09
November '09
When are you coming to China?
We witness a miracle
every time
a child enters into life.
But those who
make their journey home
across time & miles, growing
within the hearts
of those who
wait to love them,
are carried on the
wings of destiny
and placed among us by God's very own hands.
--- Kristi Larson
First Updated Photos July '09
Look at this happy boy! :)
First Updated Photos July 2009
Washing Hands
First Updated Photos July 2009
What a cutie!
First Updated Photos July 2009
All boy.
Miracles
There are only two ways
to live your life.
One is as though nothing
is a miracle.
The other is as though
everything is.
Albert Einstein
Shen Jia Kang
The picture that melted my heart.
Photo that won Faith's heart.
"That's my brother!"
A Son, Shen Jia Kang
What a beautiful child.
A Son, Shen Jia Kang
Such pretty eyes and a sweet smile.
The Gift of Life
I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.
For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown
Family of 3, Soon to be the Family of 4
Lunch at Bistro Le Croy on the Strand
Faith - Our Vietnamese Princess
Faith and Mommy
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief"
Faith and Mommy Sharing Snow Cone
At Home
Waiting for Our Son and Faith's Brother
"God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible.
What a pity we plan only the things we can do by ourselves."
Great food, great service, great seating. Kid friendly. Special birthday dessert for me, with complimentary champagne for Rick and I. :)
Cinderella's Table in Cinderella's Castle
Good food, great service, regal ambiance, and lots of interaction for the kids with beautiful princesses. Wand, sword and Wishing Star! Cinderella portrait included.
California Grill at the Contemporary Hotel
Great food, great service, wonderful view and ambiance. Friendly companion diners.
Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian Hotel
Great food, excellent service, good ambiance. Beautiful dessert presentation. Excellent staff interaction with the kids.
We used SWA for our last - love it when Josh e-mails or says stuff like that!! :) Pass along our greetings if you think of it - and comeon TA!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.
Congrats! Read your message on GAARP. I was 50 years old when my daughter was placed in my arms (she was 2 years old). Have a wonderful trip to your son's country!
ReplyDeleteAlyzabeth's Mommy for 22 Months!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheri, I am so excited for you!!
ReplyDelete