Back in January 2008 our hearts were calling us to adopt a son. We had our adoption agency in place and had a child in mind and were progressing quickly with the adoption of a son when Hurricane Ike hit our home. We received three devastating feet of storm surge into our home, making it uninhabitable.
While displaced from our home we kept in place our plans for adoption. Then one day in May, my husband, daughter and I were looking through China's Waiting Children lists and discovered the photos of a beautiful little boy. What is really remarkable is that while my daughter, Faith, and I were looking at the children's pictures she remained calm until we came upon Shen Jia Kang's picture. Once she saw his photo she became excited, touched the computer screen and exclaimed; "Momma, that's my brother!" So began our journey to adopt Shen Jia Kang.
While displaced from our home we kept in place our plans for adoption. Then one day in May, my husband, daughter and I were looking through China's Waiting Children lists and discovered the photos of a beautiful little boy. What is really remarkable is that while my daughter, Faith, and I were looking at the children's pictures she remained calm until we came upon Shen Jia Kang's picture. Once she saw his photo she became excited, touched the computer screen and exclaimed; "Momma, that's my brother!" So began our journey to adopt Shen Jia Kang.





That is just beautiful...so sweet! I love that Faith found her brother. :) Great story!
ReplyDelete